If you want to get stuck in and make some real improvements to the park and leave something behind that will benefit the park and the community in the future, then this is the event for you!
We find that teams who have experienced this feel great about making a lasting difference to the park. Many people who have taken part in these activities come back to Rabbit Ings with their families for a visit and to show off what they have helped to create.
The types of activities that are included in the “Construction Day” are:
- Fencing – build a new fence around a pond or install access gates;
- Remove derelict fencing – the materials removed will be recycled and used in future jobs;
- Drainage – create channels from pathways and walkways to improve accessibility;
- Shrub clearance – thin and improve the overgrowth, improving habitats for wildlife;
- Heathland - thin areas of the heath to improve the plant quality and wildlife habitats
We will provide all materials and equipment for the day, but please make sure you wear suitable clothing and footwear. We are committed to keeping you safe while you work with us. You will be supported by our Green Team, who will give you safety briefings and the materials, tools and protective clothing (gloves) needed to do the job.