This pancake day why not try a simple healthy alternative using the in-season vegetable… Cabbage!
The perfect in-season vegetable for February is cabbage. So why not make use of a wonderful cabbage (home grown preferably) on pancake day this year as a great healthy alternative.
Minutes to prepare: 15
Minuets to cook: 20
Number of servings: 4
1 medium cabbage, shredded
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup of all purpose flour
- Shred cabbage into small pieces
- Pour cabbage into large mixing bowl
- Add in beaten eggs and flour
- Mix until all cabbage is coated in egg-flour mixture
- Season mixture to taste
- Spoon small amounts of mixture into large preheated frying pan
- Fry on both sides for 5 – 10 minuets until cabbage is browned and pancake holds together